As the year winds down, RJD2’s The Third Down is starting to work its way through the DJs, newspaper and magazine hacks, college radio geeks and Internet whores that will be summoned to publicize its strengths to the international heads. As we wait in anticipation for its arrival we wonder: Will his singing surprise us with its remarkable depth? Or will it sound as weird as “Through the Walls” from Since We Last Spoke? No matter how it all turns out, he deserves some props for being a brave and fearless artist.
While you wait to hear it (with an open mind, of course), RJD2 is assembling a live band to take it on the road. The short tour winds through March, and will undoubtedly include a pit stop in Austin for SXSW. A longer excursion (Maybe another Definitive Jux package tour? Just kidding…) should follow later in the year.
- 3/09: Wexner Center, Columbus, OH
- 3/10: The Dame, Lexington, KY
- 3/11: Exit In, Nashville, TN
- 3/14: Haileys, Denton, TX
- 3/17: Warehouse Live, Houston, TX
- 3/19: House of Blues Parish, New Orleans, LA
- 3/20: Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, GA
- 3/21: Cat’s Cradle, Carrboro, NC
- 3/22: Satellite Ballroom, Charlottesville, VA
- 3/23: 9:30 Club, Washington, DC
- 3/24: Sonar, Baltimore, MD