I’ve already written extensively on the Hard Sell, the upcoming DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist tour that reprises their famous crate-digging collaboration. Now there’s another addition to spice up the tour: Canadian DJ Kid Koala.
Kid Koala announced that he’ll be the opening act on the Hard Sell, and will bring his inimitable blend of turntable blends, “Peanuts” skits, and audience dance contests to the party. When the tour is complete, he’ll retreat to Montreal to finish his latest graphic novel & soundtrack, which will be the follow-up to 2005’s Your Mom’s Favorite DJ.
Them “Hard Sell” tour dates, in case you haven’t seen them already, are below.
- 01/18: La Zona Rosa, Austin, TX
- 01/19: House Of Blues, Dallas, TX
- 01/21: The Loft, Atlanta, GA
- 01/23: Sonar, Baltimore, MD
- 01/24: 9:30 Club, Washington, DC
- 01/25: The Fillmore at TLA, Philadelpia, PA
- 01/29: Metropolis, Montreal, QC
- 01/30: Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON
- 01/31: House Of Blues, Cleveland, OH
- 02/01: Park West, Chicago, IL
- 02/04: First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
- 02/05: Voodoo Lounge, Kansas City, MO
- 02/07: Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO
- 02/10: Showbox, Seattle, WA
- 02/11: Commodore Ballroom, Vancover, BC
- 02/13: Regency Center, San Francisco, CA
- 02/14: House Of Blues, Anaheim, CA
- 02/15: The Wiltern, Los Angeles, CA