Last fall, Keelay & Zaire generated plenty of blog heat with their first single, “The Times.” Now the production duo is preparing to issue its debut album, Ridin’ High.
Tentatively scheduled for February 24 via Myx Music, Ridin’ High features a mix of hip-hop and soul, and established and new artists. The guest lineup ranges from Phonte from Little Brother, Saafir and Tash from Tha Liks to Pittsburgh group the A.V.E. and mobb music rapper Slo Mo.
Here’s a snapshot from the press release:
Versatility is the only constant in today’s music movement, which is the prized calling card for up and coming production duo Kyle ‘Keelay’ Pierce & Tim ‘Zaire’ Lewis. The potent team operates with only one concrete rule; creating music with unlimited range. Complementing each other’s styles with precision, Kee & Zee work as a sole production machine that spawns gritty classic hip-hop, soulful R&B, and any other medium that requires an exclusive sound from the team.
Keelay, hailing from the city of Salt Lake, Utah, now holds down the West Coast production headquarters, ‘The Torta Oven’ in the Bay Area. With virtually unlimited talent pools to pull from, “Layski” creates deep canvases for some of hip-hop’s most persuasive artists to display their art on. The likes of Cali Agents, Fortilive, and Saafir are only a sample of the heavy hitters that have been laced personally from Kee, with the promise of many more in the near future. …
Zaire, originating from Dayton, Ohio, now conducts half of the duo’s musical grind at Sole Vibe Studios East located in Newport News, VA. On the east, Zai-Boogie maintains a constant flow of music by collabing with some of VA’s finest, most notably Norfolk’s super emcee/songwriter Khizman of Trophy Winner Records, and Newport News’ own bluesy singer/songwriter Jonathan Moore. Continuing a family musical tradition originating from a notoriously musically rich city, Zai’s adamant perseverance to carry the torch is evident in his art.
- 1. “The Intro” (feat. Gravedigga Jones)
- 2. “Take A Ride” (feat. Slo Mo, Mario Dones & AV)
- 3. “Addicts For Real” (feat. Tunji)
- 4. “Cali 2 NY” (feat. Hassaan Mackey, Rasco, Planet Asia & Slo Mo)
- 5. “I Used To Ride” (feat. Fortilive & Saafir)
- 6. “Wake Up” (feat. Emilio Rojas, Silent Knight, AV, Tiffany Paige & Brian Francis)
- 7. “I’m On Swerv” (feat. Tash from Tha Liks, Evangelist & E. Jenks)
- 8. “Sole Ides Interlude” (feat. Slo Mo)
- 9. “Alright With Me” (feat. D-Minor & Phonte from Little Brother)
- 10. “Nurf To The Turf”
- 11. “The Times” (feat. Blu, Fortilive & Nino Moschella)
- 12. “Trapped” (feat. Supastition & Slo Mo)
- 13. “We Made It” (feat. Mario Dones)
- 14. “Beautiful” (feat. Surreal & Darien Brockington)
- 15. “Ridin’ High” (feat. Femi)
- Bonus Track: “Do What It Do” (feat. Nightclubber Lang & Jern Eye)
Download: Keelay & Zaire, “The Times” (feat. Blu, Fortilive & Nino Moschella)
Download: Keelay & Zaire, “Saturday!” (feat. Torae & Tiffany Paige)
Download: “Exclusive Shit” (feat. Supastition)