- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: ABB Records
"I’m over this shit," writes Coleman in a post titled "Oh well….whatever…..nevermind… (c) Kurt Cobain." "All I ever wanted was for my music to be heard. If it was solely up to me I’d throw up a zshare laink for y’all to download tonight, rather than leave it in the hands of people seemingly hellbent on fucking up what many have called our best and most complete record to date. I never understood how animals could eat their young until now."
Coleman may be getting overemotional, however. Having just announced the album’s release less than two months ago, the slight pushback allows ABB Records more setup time for an album that’s generating positive buzz among those who have heard it. "As an artist, I vow to keep creating, keep recording, and keep releasing new music, but I refuse to keep puttin my energy into Getback when we’re surrounded by lies, half-truths, and incompetence on the label’s end. Why keep nursing a stillborn baby?"
Meanwhile, Coleman has other projects in the can, including an 80s-themed EP with Maryland artist Zo! and the follow-up to his acclaimed Foreign Exchange project with Dutch-born producer Nicolay. His LB partner Big Pooh has another solo album coming next year as well.
But first comes Getback…eventually. The group has announced its first round of tour dates as well, many with Evidence from Dilated Peoples. The track listing and itinerary are below. (October 18 update: The tour itinerary has been updated.)