- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: Dilated Peoples
This summer, Decon Media launches the Fresh Rhymes and Videotape tour. The multimedia company is long overdue for a showcase. It has created several dynamic projects over the years, from Common’s classic “1-9-9-9” video to Dilated Peoples’ The Release Party … Continue reading
Decon Media, a New York-based creative agency and record label, has been issuing hip-hop related projects for much of the decade. Its highlights range from DVDs (Team Ice Cream Vol. 1, a video featuring Pharrell Williams’ Ice Cream Skake Team) and music videos (Common’s classic "1-9-9-9" clip) to audio/visual endeavors (the Hiero crew’s One Big Trip) to standard hip-hop compilations (the ongoing NBA 2K series) and artist albums (Aceyalone’s critically lauded Magnificent City).
This summer will bring a new slate of Decon Media releases. It kicks off with The Release Party from Dilated Peoples, a 3DM project. (3DM stands for Three Dimensional Media, the format Decon uses for its DVD/CD endeavors.) The DVD portion accumulates a decade of video footage featuring the L.A. vets, from their early ABB salad days to their Capitol years. The CD will include several songs, the first material they’ve issued since that Capitol deal ended last year. The Release Party drops on July 31.