- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: edIT
Alpha Pup, the West Coast indie label and digital reissue company founded by producer Daddy Kev and his fiance Danyell Jariel (pictured above), is prepping a full slate of releases for fall 2007.
Tagged by XLR8R magazine as one of "ten record labels to peep in the months ahead," Alpha Pup’s recent catalog includes Subtitle’s Terrain to Roam and Scream Club’s controversial queer-rap epic Life of a Heartbreaker. In August it issued underrated L.A. producer Omid’s instrumental suite Afterwords 3.
The big title on its schedule, however, is edIT’s Certified Air Raid Material. Once primarily an IDM jock, edIT has been tearing up L.A. nightclubs with his glitchy hip-hop mixes. He brings a similar aesthetic to his second album, collaborating with the Grouch, Abstract Rude, Busdriver, TTC and DJ D-Styles. Certified Air Raid Material drops as a digital release on September 18, and in physical CD form on October 9.