- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: Glow in the Dark
On June 10, Time Machine will release its second album, Life is Expensive on Glow in the Dark Records. (May 5 update: The release date has been pushed forward to May 20.) Jet Set Jay (also known as Jaysonic), Biscuit … Continue reading
Last year, Washington D.C. duo Panacea gave a pleasant surprise in the form of Ink is My Drink. The album was part standard-issue backpack rap, but it had a wonderful dreamlike quality, like the musical equivalent of Margaret Brown’s Goodnight Moon, or a B-boy version of Carole King’s "Chicken Soup and Rice."
Producer K-Murdock and MC Raw Poetic will bring back its Christopher Cross-styled hip-hop with The Scenic Route. Set for release on September 4 via Glow-in-the-Dark (which enjoys a distribution deal with Rawkus), the sophomore disc takes Panacea’s panacean qualities to gauzy extremes, and soul dynamo Raheem DeVaughn makes an appearance. "It’s really dynamic this time around. I consider it my masterpiece," says K-Murdock in a press releae. "If you want to get away, but can’t afford the vacation, this is for you." The track listing for The Scenic Route is below.