- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: Glue
Hangar 18 isn’t the type of group you’d normally associate with Definitive Jux. Formed from the remains of the underrated Atoms Family crew — the same camp that yielded Cannibal Ox — the Brooklyn trio is a mix of straight-up backpacker raps, dirty party joints, and quirky Prince Paul-type antics. Their debut, 2004’s The Multiplatinum Debut Album, drew some positive notices but was largely ignored during a time when a lot of hip-hop heads wrote Def Jux off. Three years later, with El-P paving the way, Sweep the Leg is bound to get more attention. People are finally realizing that Definitive Jux aims to be a deep and diverse indie label. Not everyone’s going to sound like Aesop Rock or Mr. Lif.
After Sweep the Leg drops on October 23, Hangar 18 will take their unusual styles to the road for a lengthy tour. Glue, the Midwest trio behind last year’s Catch As Catch Can, will open. The dates are below.