- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: Plug Independent Music Awards
The fifth annual Plug Independent Music Awards is coming soon — albeit a month later than last year — to honor the best independent music in 2007. Voting is open to the public, so you can champion your favorite nominees. … Continue reading
On Saturday, Feb. 10 the Plug Independent Music Awards took place at Irving Plaza in New York City. And although the late J-Dilla, as noted before, drew a slew of nominations, he didn’t win the big one for Album of the Year. That trophy went to indie-rock favorite Band of Horses and their Everything All the Time. Meanwhile Hip-Hop Album of the Year went to Spank Rock’s Yoyoyoyoyo, and DJ Album of the Year went to Girl Talk’s Night Ripper. Seems like when it comes to awarding deserving artists, the Plug Awards are just like the Grammys.
To be fair, though, J-Dilla picked up an award for Artist of the Year and Record Producer of the Year. I didn’t actually attend the awards, but with performances from El-P, comedian/host David Cross and backpack lovers Deerhoof, I am sure it was very amusing. You can check out the list of winners below. Peace to Amaechi.