- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: Scion Live Metro
It’s nearing the end of the month again., and that means it’s time for another edition of Scion Live Metro. After spending most of 2008 in the Southwest, the car company now seems to have moved its free concerts to … Continue reading
It’s a new year (actually, the first half of 2008 is almost finished), and Scion Live Metro, the monthly concert series that pairs rap icons with live bands, continues to push forward. This month’s installment stars Too Short, the Oakland … Continue reading
Next week, Brand Nubian will play four concerts with Connie Price & the Keystones for Scion’s monthly Live Metro showcase. Originally from New Jersey, Grand Puba, Sadat X and Lord Jamar originally promoted a strong Five Percenter philiosophy on hits … Continue reading
I like the Scion Live Metro tours. Yes, they’re sponsored by a car company, but they’re usually free, and feature top-quality artists. And while The Fader, Urban Outfitters and other cool companies make their products as rare as hen’s teeth, … Continue reading
Bronx rhyme inspector Percee P may have only released one official album in over 15 years, this year’s Perseverance. But he’s making up for lost time.
Earlier this fall, Percee P joined the 2K Sports Bounce tour headlined by kufi expert Common. And this month, he jumped on the Stones Throw "Holiday edition" of the 2K Sports Bounce tour, too. Now, he’s jumping on the December edition of Scion’s Live Metro tour. It’s just a brief excursion that only encompasses four cities: Houston, Austin, Atlanta and Carrboro. But lucky attendees will get to see Percee with the mighty Slick Rick, both backed by the funky soul of Connie Price & the Keystones.
Meanwhile, kids who have been raiding the Stones Throw merch table have noticed one exclusive, a disc of Perseverance remixes by Madlib, that currently isn’t available anywhere else. The CD, however, will go on sale at retail outlets on January 29. The highlight is an original track, "Real Talk."
The track listing for Perseverance: The Madlib Remix and the Live Metro itinerary is below.