- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: Six Hole Records
The last several months have been quiet ones for 9th Wonder. Once widely hailed, and sometimes criticized, for his productivity — in 2005 alone he produced several albums, from Little Brother’s The Minstrel Show to Kaze’s Spirit of ’94 — he’s mostly stuck to the lab in 2007, even as wild rumors surrounding his departure from Internet faves Little Brother surrounded him.
9th’s absence will end this fall, however, with the incipient arrival of Dream Merchant 2. The first edition, released in 2005, was strictly an in-house affair with his longtime crew the Justus League. Volume 2 will be considerably more high-profile, with guest shots from Sean Price, Camp Lo, Royce da 5′ 9", Saigon, Buckshot, Naledge from Kidz in the Hall and a slew of fam like Joe Scudda and Skyzoo. It will also include the "Brooklyn on My Mind" track with Jean Grae, Mos Def and Memphis Bleek that circulated earlier this year. And, yes, it will feature a Little Brother reunion.
Dream Merchant 2 will likely be just one of several 9th Wonder-affiliated projects that drops before the year is out. Others include Median’s Relief (due out September 25) and possibly The Formula, the sequel to his Chemistry collabo with Buckshot.
But first, Dream Merchant 2, which drops October 9 on Six Hole Records. The track listing is below.