Remember Vast Aire Kramer?
As a member of the late, lamented Atomz Family, he immediately stood out from the pack with “Adversity Strikes,” a track on the groundbreaking compilation The Persecution of Hip-Hop. Then he teamed up with Vordul Megilah to form Cannibal Ox and, with El-P on the boards, dropped the classic The Cold Vein in 2001. Unfortunately, fans of the cosmic-oriented Can Ox weren’t sympathetic when he flipped his style to thugged-out and dropped the 2004 album Look Ma, No Hands.
Vast Aire has been on the grind ever since, dropping mixtapes, and forming a new group with homie Karniege (Mighty Joseph) and a new crew (LXG – The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen). But heads outside of New York haven’t been aware of his movements. So he’s heading out on a tour, which kicked off in NYC yesterday (November 14), to spread the new gospel. The shows lay the groundwork for a new album, Deuces Wild, that should drop next year.
The dates are listed below.
- 11/14: Knitting Factory, New York, NY
- 11/15: The Kyber, Philadelphia, PA
- 11/16: Midway Cafe, Boston, MA
- 11/18: Castaways, Ithaca, NY
- 11/22: Grog Shop, Cleveland, OH
- 11/24: Reggie’s Live, Chicago, IL
- 11/25: Mac’s Bar, Lansing, MI
- 11/27: Whiskey Junction, Minneapolis, MN
- 12/03: Uprok Records, Salt Lake City, UT
- 12/04: The Brewing Company, Santa Fe, NM
- 12/05: Zeppelin’s Underground, El Paso, TX
- 12/08: The Airliner, Los Angeles, CA
- 12/10: Greek Cuisina, Portland, OR
- 12/28: Bulfinch Yacht Club, Boston, MA