- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
- Why Plug One survives posted on March 17, 2010
Category Archives: Strange Games & Things
Last week, I stumbled upon one of the biggest vinyl finds ever. In a September post (which previewed an “Untitled Collector’s Blog” that has yet to appear), I wrote about a warehouse in Rancho Cordova that sold records for a … Continue reading
This post previews a new blog from yours truly that launches in a few weeks. It’s all about my adventures in collecting stuff. It doesn’t have a title yet. Please note that this won’t be a serious “diggers” site. It’s … Continue reading
Spotted via Nahright.com.
New video from Brother Ali, from the recently released The Truth Is Here EP. YouTube – Brother Ali – Good Lord.
Found this on the Kidrobot site. It’s an “ice-cold” player designed by A-Trak and Dust La Rock. Proceed with caution. .
Earlier this month, Definitive Jux commissioned some Tero “Camu Tao” Smith commemorative T-shirts. They’re currently on sale at Shop Shogun, and retail for $25. Proceeds benefit Camu’s family and fiancee. In related news, El-P is compiling an album of unreleased … Continue reading
Peanut Butter Wolf posted three videos from his June 25 Michael Jackson tribute set at the Echoplex on the Stones Throw website. The second and third parts are really good, so I’m reposting them here. Check part two for some … Continue reading
When I first watched this video, I was, like, “Fuck hip hop. Fuck all this pop shit.” Then I had to step back and remember that Rakim was doing this back in the early 90s, too. (Remember “Friends” with Jody … Continue reading
Here at Plug One, I’m pretty selective about posting multimedia content — videos and other promotional crap. In fact, I rarely post them at all. But Tone Tank’s video for “King of Surf Guitar Rap,” taken from last year’s similarly-titled … Continue reading
While fantasy rapper Rick Ross swaddles around the Medellin in some kind of farcical homage to the cocaine cartels that have devastated Colombia, British producer Quantic moved there in 2007 for much more positive reasons — a genuine fascination with … Continue reading
Just for fun.