DJ Klever is already a known quantity to some: As a member of the now-defunct crew the Allies, the Atlanta DJ dominated turntablist battles in the early 00s, winning sundry awards in the process. He’s since switched his style up — as so many hip-hop DJs and artists have done — into a club-rocking format that mixes electro-house, pop, and classic rock as well as the usual mainstream and club rap. Meanwhile, Tittsworth built his reputation with that format, and helped introduce Baltimore club to discerning hipsters across the land. It’s his sporadic 12-inch singles and EPs for labels like Money Studies, however, that have secured his reputation among music heads.
This month, the two DJs embarked upon the cheekily-titled Kleavage tour. It continues until December in North America, then heads over to Europe next 2008; additionally, more collabo dates are tentatively scheduled for U.S. audiences next year. If you’re one of those kids that can’t stand the club scene, then watch out for Tittsworth’s upcoming album, The Outer Loop. Set for release next spring on NYC dance label Plant Music, it is slated to feature collabos with Pase Rock, Kid Sister, M.O.P., and other cool kids.
The itinerary for the Kleavage tour is below.
- 11/21: Studio A, Miami, FL
- 11/23: Studio B, New York, NY
- 11/24: Temple, San Francisco, CA
- 12/06: Berlin, Chicago, IL
- 12/07: Babylon Nightclub, Ottawa, ON
- 12/08: The Royal, Atlanta, GA
- 12/12: Cecilia’s Martini Lounge, Breckenridge, CO
- 12/13: Bender’s Tavern, Denver, CO
- 12/14: The Loft, Dallas, TX
- 12/15: Echoplex, Los Angeles, CA
- 12/20: Clique Lounge, Cincinnati, OH
- 12/21: Skully’s Music Diner, Columbus, OH
- 12/22: Guvernment, Toronto, ON
11/21: w/DJ Craze, Killa Kela, DJ Laz
11/24: w/DJ Craze, Killa Kela