Aceyalone is preparing to release a new project, Aceyalone & The Lonely Ones, on Decon Records. The album was tentatively slated for last November, but has since been pushed back to February 10. (February 25 update: The release date is now March 31.)
Aceyalone has a reputation for playing with the art form. On his last album, he took on ragga hip-hop (Lightning Strikes); before that, he made a full-length concept piece with RJD2 (Magnificent City). For Aceyalone & The Lonely Ones, he works with L.A. producer Bionik, and the sound evokes early 60s Motown-style back beats.
Like many of its projects, Decon has assembled multimedia content for Aceyalone & The Lonely Ones, including music videos, performance footage, a short film and an interview.
- 1. “Live At The Firehouse Intro”
- 2. “Lonely Ones” (feat. Bionik)
- 3. “Can’t Hold Back” (feat. Treasure Davis)
- 4. “What It Wux” (feat. Bionik)
- 5. “Power To The People”
- 6. “On The One”
- 7. “Step Up” (feat. Treasure Davis)
- 8. “To The Top” (remix)
- 9. “Workin’ Man’s Blues” (feat. Bionik)
- 10. “Push N’ Pull”
- 11. “Outro” (feat. Bionik Quartet)
Download: Aceyalone, “Lonely Ones”