- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
- Why Plug One survives posted on March 17, 2010
Tag Archives: Grayskul
Grayskul and Maker take their Goth-hop extravaganza on the road. Bastard Patriots and Brahma Lagah support.
Max Herman takes in the scene at the Chicago stop for the “Everybody Loves a Clown Tour,” the latest traveling circus featuring Rhymesayers figureheads Atmosphere. Continue reading
Two years ago, a relatively unknown group called Grayskul released Deadlivers on Rhymesayers. Despite its low profile, Deadlivers drew kudos from those who heard it. It was an album that balanced Gothic-styled lyrics with a dark, mystical atmosphere, and was reminiscent of early 90s horrorcore classics like Gravediggaz’ 6 Feet Deep and Organized Konfusion’s Stress: The Extinction Agenda.
Now the Pacific Northwest group is back with a new joint. Bloody Radio features Onry Ozzborn (where’s that Gigantics album you promised?), JFK and DJ Wicked holding court with the likes of Slug, Cage, Aesop Rock, Pigeon John and Andrea Zollo, formerly of the late indie-rock band Pretty Girls Make Graves. The duo’s mighty Oldominion crew help out, too.
Grayskul’s Bloody Radio drops September 11 on Rhymesayers Entertainment. The track listing is below.