Eyedea & Abilities continue to tour behind last year’s By The Throat. One-man band and Andrew Bird collaborator Dosh opens.
Want to read an official missive? Have at it:
2009 was a landmark year for Minnesota-based duo Eyedea and Abilities – the group made a rousing comeback from a five-year hiatus with the release of their new album By The Throat, their most progressive and refined effort to date. The live appearances that followed the album’s release (including several dates with Atmosphere) once again proved the duo’s penchant for intense, emotionally draining performances.
In keeping with the Rhymesayers’ penchant for relentless touring schedules, the duo are heading out on a three week run of dates that will see them crossing into Canada as well as blanketing the West Coast and Southwest of the US. Audiences can expect nothing less than a frenetic bombast featuring the respected vocal talents of legendary MC Eyedea (renowned winner of HBO’s Blaze Battle, Scribble Jam, etc.) accompanied by the virtuosic accompaniment of DJ Abilities, long respected for his immaculate turntablism skills.
Here are the dates:
- 1/28: Pizza Luce, Duluth, MN
- 1/29: Augsburg College, Minneapolis, MN
- 1/31: The Palace, Missoula, MT
- 2/1: The Blvd, Spokane, WA
- 2/2: Republik, Calgary, AB
- 2/3: Brixx Bar and Grill, Edmonton, AB
- 2/5: Biltmore Cabaret, Vancouver, BC
- 2/6: Nectar Lounge, Seattle, WA
- 2/7: Hawthorne Theatre, Portland, OR
- 2/8: WOW Hall, Eugene, OR
- 2/10: Bottom of the Hill, San Francisco, CA
- 2/11: Echoplex, Los Angeles, CA
- 2/12: Chasers, Scottsdale, AZ
- 2/13: Green Room, Flagstaff, AZ
- 2/15: Launchpad, Albuquerque, NM
- 2/16: Marquis Theatre, Denver, CO
- 2/18: Jackpot Saloon, Lawrence, KS
- 2/19: Firebird, St. Louis, MO
- 2/20: High Noon Saloon, Madison, WI
(all dates) w/Dosh
Photo by Jules Ameel.