- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: Mansbestfriend
Bad boy icon Tim "Sole" Holland has kept a low profile over the past few years. He lived in Spain, issued an album in 2005 (Live from Rome), and nurtured his Anticon emblem from a pioneer for underground hip-hop into an outpost for indie-pop mordancy.
He’s back in the States, living in Flagstaff, Ariz., collaborating with Skyrider and preparing to issue a new album. First, though, comes a instrumental joint under his pseudonym, Mansbestfriend. On May 29 he’ll issue Poly.sci.187, which translates to Political Science 187: "Political Science: This Shit’ll Kill You."
A press release from Anticon describes it as "filled with such sonic explorations. The album is an accomplished work that testifies not only to the fine art of experimentation, but to the aural abilities of Tim Holland, instrumentalist?may he be loud even in silence."