- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: Solillaquists of Sound
Orlando husband-and-wife-and-husband-and-wife team Solillaquists of Sound have announced the first of what will undoubtedly be several tours for their forthcoming album, No More Heroes.
Orlando, Florida’s Solillaquists of Sound have finished their sophomore album for Epitaph imprint Anti-. Set for release on August 4, No More Heroes features more of the community-raising hip hop that marked their 2006 bow, As If We Existed. However, … Continue reading
Some people like to gossip about whether Lil’ Wayne reunited with Trina or if Kanye West is gay. Me, I like to write about artists who are actually doing shit instead of speculate about their personal lives.
Case in point: Epitaph Records quartet Solillaquists of Sound. The quartet, which consists of two married couples, want to build a creative arts center in Orlando. "The Solilla Center 4 Creative Kids will offer kids yoga, a kids art gallery & store, massage, a smoothie and juice bar, language, art, poetry, theater, gardening, vegan cooking and raw food courses, & an after-school tutoring and study program!" writes Alexandrah. "Our goal is to raise $20,000 in 30 days."
Solillaquists are asking for $2 donations, which will earn contributors a coupon good for, uh, $2 at the group’s gift shop. How they’ll be able to raise 20 Gs from $2 donations apiece in a month is anyone’s guess. But hey, it’s a worthy cause.
"This center is a much-needed outlet of expression for Orlando’s Kids, so please spread the word!!" writes Alexandrah. To donate, visit solilla.myshopify.com.
Since their debut album As If We Existed dropped on Anti- Records in September, Orlando troupe Sol.iLLaquists of Sound have been hitting the tour circuit. Hard. They’ve crossed the country twice, from opening dates for the Roots to rocking nightclubs on their own. Meanwhile, producer DiVinci has played gigs with Sage Francis (at last month’s Paid Dues Festival in Los Angeles) and the mighty El-P (during a concert at L.A.’s Troubadour).
Now, the Sol.iLLaquists are headed out on the road. Again. And with over 30 concerts in less than two months, it’s quite likely that they’ll be hitting your town. Dates are below.