- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: Rob Sonic
Bronx linguist and conspiracy theorist Rob Sonic returns with Sabotage Gigante, the latest chapter in a long and underrated career. Continue reading
I’ve always liked Rob Sonic. He’s usually overshadowed by others — first by Mike Ladd when the two recorded for Ozone Entertainment (remember Sonic Sum?), and now as a part of the mighty Definitive Jux family. His music is quirky, organic and a big bohemian culture jam, sort of like El-P but without the malevolence. Sometimes difficult to get with at first, his music rewards repeated listenings.
Rob Sonic’s second album, Sabotage Gigante, drops September 25 on Definitive Jux. As usual, when he heads out on tour this fall he’ll play second banana to someone else, namely the equally accomplished Aesop Rock. Smart fans will get to the venue early.
The track listing for Sabotage Gigante and the tour dates are below.