- VH1 Soul is dead, long live Centric posted on March 29, 2010
- The ten most popular indie-rap artists… posted on January 11, 2011
- Digable Planets fracture, cancel tour posted on March 22, 2009
- Superlists!: Top Ten Femcees posted on March 24, 2009
- The Plug One Q&A: Flying Lotus posted on June 10, 2008
- R.I.P. Paper Thin Walls posted on August 29, 2008
- Zion-I tour dates posted on February 25, 2009
- Review: Atmosphere, “To All My Friends, Blood Makes The Blade Holy” posted on September 9, 2010
- Warp loves labels posted on December 15, 2008
- Vibe’s demise posted on July 1, 2009
Tag Archives: Pigeon John
Pigeon John is so freaking earnest it’s hard to get into his music sometimes. But this one’s worth the effort. Directed by Matt Hobbs. Taken from Dragon Slayer, which is in stores now.
Pigeon John and Flynn Adam (a.k.a. Rootbeer) are playing a few shows with Canadian reggae/punk troupe Bedouin Soundclash. Me, I’m still waiting for the LA Symphony reunion.
If you’re waiting for Pigeon John’s first album since 2006, you’ll have to wait a little bit longer, as he has just started a new project called, oddly, Rootbeer. The group pairs him with former L.A. Symphony associate Flynn Adam. … Continue reading
As a welcome addition to the Quannum family, LA rap vet Pigeon John seemed poised for great things last year. But too few took the time to spin his solid platter, Pigeon John and the Summertime Pool Party. Too bad, as it was one of the brighter spots last fall. Jay-Z’s got nothing on this guy.
Those unexposed to the talents of Pigeon John will have ample opportunity this spring. He will roam all around North America. He’s playing with hip-hop bands, he’s playing with indie-rock bands and he’s performing at a few Christian music festivals. He’s even hitting a few towns twice. Clearly, he wants to rap/sing a song for you.
if you haven’t seen Pigeon John perform, you’re missing out on a rousing experience. The guy, to use a phrase oft-associated with Rakim, can reach your grandmother. And bring the kids along…he does a profanity-free show!